Monday, September 20, 2010

Our Memoir Unit has Begun!

Willliam Zinsser defines memoir as "how we try to make sense of how we are, who we once were, and what values and heritage shaped us."

Today we launched our unit on Memoir. It started off deliciously sweet! Parents, ask your students what I mean by this. Students, ask your parents about their favorite candy.

Memoir is one of my favorite units of study because it allows students to share all the stories that make up their life. We will begin by studying other people's memoirs in order to become familiar with the genre. We will culminate with each student writing their own memoir.

Parents and students, please take a minute to visit the websites on the right and read some of the memoirs together.

Students, please take a minute to comment on any of the memoirs we've read in class. Parents, please comment as you like.

5 comments:

  1. Why am I the one that always comments first????? Anyway,right now Sugar because I have so many questions about it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs.toth are we realy going to wright are own memior????????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love writing but unfortunatly im not to good at it im better at drawing (not people) i hope i can include a picture or two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy writing to and am told I'm good at it but hope I could a picture or two. I can't draw people either!!!

    ReplyDelete